Saturday, July 9, 2011

Glorious Day

We had a few errands to run this morning in preparation for my Dear friend Ls visit!!! Super excited to see her it's been almost two years since we last saw each other in San Antonio.

Wyatt and I left the house at 9:30! I mean off to a great start! We went to the Ross and Staples. Somehow, it was noon and still we needed to go to Walmart. Which means W needs to eat and nap soon. I knew I should go home and skip Walmart. But, I'm pretty clever.

"Wyatt are you hungry?"
"yes!"
"would you like some chicken nuggets"
"yes, I need chicken nuggets!!!"

Problem solved! We would grab chicken nuggets, eat in the cart at Walmart then be back home by 1:00pm and nap time!

While at Walmart Wyatt kept shooting everyone!! "Bang Bang Bang" he'd say when some nice person would talk to him. I'd remind Wyatt that we love all the people God made and we only shoot things we are going to eat. We don't shoot people. But, one elderly gentleman in a wheel chair shot Wyatt back! It was great and Wyatt loved it! So, much for not shooting people.

Then later that afternoon, Wyatt was shooting at the trees. I asked what he was shooting. He looked at me like Duh! Don't you see them? Then yelled, "Birds, bang bang!!!"

I apologize this post is kind of random... So, Wyatt never did take a nap today. We got home at 115pm laid him down and he talked to Ernie, read books, sang and whined for two hours! Now, not a straight two hours because after one hour I checked on him, changed his diaper and told him he still had to rest his eyes. I knew he'd be asleep in a matter of minutes. I was wrong. After another hour, I went in and he merrily jumped out of bed. While telling me all the things he needed to play with. "I need more poopies", "I need tractor", "I need construction truck". I laid down in his bed and he said "Mommy sleeping, I sing a song". He then sang several songs to me while he played in his room. Most songs went "ah awe dada lala Bo Bo Bo". Not sure why, but almost every song ended in "Bo Bo Bo". He sang to me five times! He is so sweet!

After the no nap time we went to the pool with friends. I started thinking how I'd tell D that after I had Wyatt I was going to be a Gym Rat. I must have been horrible confused because I think I became a Beach Bum :) Then after pool we played at the park before heading back home. Yes, this is the best picture I have of the boys from today.

No comments: