Tuesday, June 17, 2008

The worst and best bed


When we were getting married I set up to find a practical mattress. I didn't want to spend a ridiculous amount of money and my husband wanted a firm mattress. I thought I had hit the jack pot, the BX was having a mattress sale.......hindsight I know why. It must be Papa Bears mattress because it was too hard. Recommendation: if you want a hard mattress buy the Sealy Posturepedic Taft Cushion firm.


So, after too many back aches my hubby decided we couldn't tolerate this pain any longer. He was a real hunter providing for the family on this one. He went out hunted down the best mattress he could find, shot it, and brought it home. Okay, really he searched the Internet, found a military discount, clicked on "buy" and we got free shipping. He's my hero!


This lovely addition to our home is the...wait get a pen to write it all down. The king size Sealy Posturepedic Body Focus Midnight Haze Ultra Plush Box Top Made in the USA baby!

I now sleep like Goldielocks in baby bears bed, it's just right! However, if you come to my house I will offer you the guest bedroom with Papa bears mattress.

Here it is disguised as a Mama bears bed. We did try to make it better by adding a feather bed and egg crate mattress cover. But, honestly underneath all that fluff is still a rock hard mattress. Sweet dreams.



No comments: