Tuesday, June 17, 2008

For the love of ice cream

My husband is a romantic, the first gift he gave me was a gallon of Mint Chocolate Chip ice cream. I was his from that point on. Since we share a love of ice cream I though I would share with you our favorite recipe. This is a traditional vanilla ice cream recipe from Gran-T. Mix together 4 whole eggs
2 can sweetened condensed milk
1 small carton heavy whipping cream
1/2 c. sugar
1 t. vanilla

It should look smooth like this. I use a whisk to mix it up.

Then add as much milk as desired, we have found that whole Vitamin D milk works the best. Go figure hehe It make much creamier ice cream than skim milk.

Then add the ice and about half to 3/4th a box of ice cream salt. Turn on your ice cream maker and enjoy, you will not be disappointed with the results. It is best to let the ice cream freeze overnight, but really who wants to wait for ice cream that long? So, just put the left overs in the freezer and enjoy it again the next night. You can add anything your heart desires, like strawberries, nuts, chocolate, mint flavor your imagination is your only limit. Happy ice cream making!


No comments: