Friday, June 13, 2008

Adding Charm to the Carport

I have never actually had a car port before moving on base. Well, honestly I have never had a garage either. All i could find out about these mysterious things were a few guidelines, They mustn't be cluttered and you couldn't store stuff our there and it needed to always be clean. Pretty much the first year on base not a thing was in our carport I even swept it with the shop vac to keep it clean...maybe a little OCD doncha think? Anyway, after a year I couldn't resist the temptation to create an outdoor seating place. So, at first I only added the bench. But then Christmas rolled around and I made that cute swag. The best place was to put it above the bench. Very festive. Merry Christmas to all.

Then, finally this summer all broke loose. I added the lantern, replaced the wreath and added the star. I love it! As far as I can tell, I am not getting kicked off base anytime soon for bending these few little guidelines.
This is to show how I mistreated this poor star. Yep, that's just a piece of wire twisted to fit underneath the siding. It used to be on the front of the house hung in the same manner, but everyone has stars on the front of their houses, but no one else had a star in their carport! Please feel free to copy if so needed.
I hope this will help you feel free to decorate our carport too. Hopefully, you are lucky enough to have one!




No comments: