Monday, June 23, 2008

What's lurking outside?

Can you believe all the bugs in Texas! I saw a few recently and decided I should share them with you. This looks like an innocent star just hanging out on the carport, but what is that look a little closer... Yep, that a gainormous moth! Not a good time to have seen the "Moth Man Prophecy's".
It is kinda pretty, and for some reason it's friend was hanging out here on the front of the house. I mean really look how big it it. Almost more than a whole brick long.
Then, I spotted this little fellow.... he's almost albino. I am not sure why but several of the lizards are albino looking. You have to be careful because they are all over the brink at dusk.

After I finished watering the flowers the other night I went to turn off the water. I also put one hand on the wall as I bend over to turn off the water. Imagine my surprise when a creepy crawly thing was under my hand squirming away! Needless to say, I screamed. AHHHHH Then I had to explain to the neighbors why I had just screamed.

No comments: