Sunday, July 20, 2008

Water Hiking

My Mother in law came for a visit and she wanted to re-live a memory. She used to live in San Antonio when her kids were little and every year as a family they would float on the Rio Frio. This memory she wanted to share with me and relive for my hubby's 27th Birthday.


The idea is to rent your tube from here:


Very cute outdoorsy shop and I love the decor inside!

Then this cool kids Patrick took us up the river a few miles to "Sevens Point". I think that is were we went maybe he called it "Stevens Joint" either way. He dumped us off and said we would see him in about 3-4 hours. Hubby asked how much walking would be involved and he said "fair amount of walking".

I assure you when a teenager says "fair amount of walking" it really means, "The girls will float about 40% of the time, 30% will require hubby to drag us along because the wind is blowing against the current and we are being blown up stream and the last 10% is pure water hiking.


I had a lovely time and think we should go back at the next big rain.

(some kid I don't know, but I wanted to give you the idea of floating)
Mother in law got to relive the memory and had a fairly good time. She didn't enjoy walking in her broke flip flop and flipping over in her tube and going completely under!



Hubby was there, lost interest about half way through and decided it was time to leave. Which really means he just pulled us down stream a lot faster. The 4 hour tubing session was completed in less than 3 hours due to my hubby's gusto!
All in all, I think you all should go!

No comments: