Saturday, July 5, 2008

...and I want it painted black...

I see that red door and I want it painted black, no other colors I just want them painted black...Oh, sorry I was just lost in a song.


I do have a bit of an obsession with spray painting things black. No! I am not morbid or depressed, I just think some things really do look better with a little coat of black spray paint. I must have been suffering from my OCD a lot one day when I decided to spray paint everything that was black, black. Yes, that is what I did. I gave everything a new shinny fresh coat of black paint. I'll admit it started with spray painting the mail box black. But, then it grew. I removed all the door handles and spray painted them black.




Sliding glass door handle with a new coat of black spray paint.Light on the car port got a fresh coat of paint too. It didn't really help it look any better I still think it's ugly. I took down this black name holder thing and yes spray painted it black.

Then I went inside with my can of spray paint. I looked around and decided if I spray painted the return air vents black, then people probably wouldn't notice the black mold growing in our duct work. So, I took down several of the vents that would look better painted black, placed them outside in a well ventilated area, and spray painted till my hearts desire. I absolutely love them!

If you get brave and also want to spray paint items black please take note: Gasoline is amazing! Gasoline will remove black spray paint from not only brick, but also siding. You can have everything all cleaned up before hubby comes home from work and wonders what in the world you are doing!

No comments: