Monday, July 7, 2008

Baby Boy Burp Cloths

I am having a "Shower in a Box" for a friend of mine in a few days. Let me explain what a shower in a box is for those of you with the luxury of all your friends and family around all the time. You may think this would be annoying from time to time to have all your family around, but let me assure you... You are blessed!

A Shower in a Box, is an idea I got from another friend here on base. Since everyone is scattered all over the globe and can't possible attend a shower this is a great way to show the gal you love her and her bun in the oven. The hostess (that's me) will ship any packages and party supplies you would need for a baby shower and then send out the evites. The idea is to have all the baby gifts arrive on the same day.

For this shower I am going to include streamers and noise makers in the box. I have also heard of sending the "diaper cake" as the baby shower cake. Very cute idea, doncha think!

So, because of all this baby stuff going on in my head, I decided to make baby burp cloths. I got baby cloth diapers...you know my new obsession with cloth diapers... and decorated them all fancy to make a one of a kind burp cloths. It took a few practice runs to come up with the style I like best. I think I may be quiting my job and opening a Burp Cloth business!




I would love you hear your stories of other "Shower in a Box" ideas. Please, leave a comment and tell me what you think!

1 comment:

A.K. said...

i'm confused... so you send this to a friend that is far away?! and then the day of the "shower" she gets all the fun stuff in the mail?! is that how it happens?! either way it sounds cool.

i had a friend gather a bib for each season and then gave the expecting mother the whole basket- that way the baby was already decked out for each holiday!

-A.K.-