Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Home again

I am so thankful to be HOME. I have been blessed with some amazing time with family. Made many memories that I'll cherish forever. And, although the trip back and forth is brutal. I'll merrily do it again when the next opportunity comes our way.

This trip was made easier by GranT graciously offering to drive back home with me then stay for a while. I took her up on this offer! Somehow she willing joined my hillbilly circus. We drove 500 miles in a hail damaged Durango, thank you Xenia, whose front left tire makes a squeaking sound. But, you only hear the squeaking at 40mph and slower which means only in parking lots and gas stations do you really get noticed! Then to top it off, I'm largely pregnant, chasing an almost two year old, and the two dogs are loosing their minds at every stop. It was comical to say the least. The poor toll booth people had to feel sorry for us. At each stop the dogs would start barking which then freaked W out so bad that he would start to cry uncontrollably. I have to get an ez pass before baby number two arrives.

A few favorite memories of the day. Wyatt giving cookie monster a piggy back ride!

W telling GranT to "turn it up" while watching a DVD.

Wyatt asking to go to "cookie monsters house".

Wyatt telling me that the "car pooped".

Wyatt saying, "stupid Gertie". Haha Guess who said that first!

Wyatt singing, "sing a song", "twinkle twinkle star", "move on back, move on back", "jingle bells, jingle bells", and "tap, tap, tap".


Translations: "sing a song" is Sing, sing, sing a song about Jesus.

"twinkle, twinkle star" is Twinkle twinkle little star.

"Move on back" is The wheels on the bus go round and round.

Jingle bells (self explanatory...I hope)

"tap, tap, tap" is Jesus helped in
Many ways, helping Joseph in his shop and his hammer went tap, tap, tap, as they worked each day.

I love this kid, love my family and can't wait to have us all together again soon!

No comments: