Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Remodel..and re-remodeled


Pinnacle informed me that May 12th was my lucky day! I would be graced with the presence of 4 men in my house speaking Spanish and installing new light fixtures in every room. They were at my house from 9am-4pm. Don't get me wrong they were pleasant and only doing their job. But, you see after they took down all MY light fixtures they then had to install THEIR light fixtures. Then after they left at 4:00pm I had to take down most of THEIR lights and re-install MY own lights.
MY lights that Pinnicale took down for me.

This is the new glowing ball in the Dining room from Pinnacle.

New ceiling fan..sigh... No offence Pinnacle, but I have much better taste in lighting fixtures.

The lights I had to re-reinstall.




I was excited when Crissi told me they were going to add a can light. Until, I saw where they added it! I asked the electrician why he didn't center the light above the sink. "uh, there are studs in the way, this was the only place I could put it" Okay, I get it. But, honestly! It looks so stupid! I like to think of the can light as the star that leads the sheppards to baby Jesus since my nativity is still on the shelf. As I told hubby, "We don't take down baby Jesus just because Christmas is over. Baby Jesus gets to stay up year round in this house!"



The new light in the bathroom are okay. However, they are really really bright. I think if someone was prone to seizure these lights might set them off. Of course, the bathroom did not look like this when my helper men left. They actually put back up the medicine cabinet with the vanity lights.
After they left I took down the medicine cabinets and found mirrors around the house that worked better. I think the bathrooms actually look nice now.



They put the same ceiling fans in the living room as the bedrooms. I don't have the energy to take down the bedroom ceiling fans yet. I might leave them because I hadn't changed out the bedroom lights yet. Only bummer was the in the baby's room they had to disconnect the fan part because I had installed a dimmer and the two where not compatible. Sorry baby Mac no fan for you. Last of all they added new outside lights. For this job I have no complaints! I think they did a decent job. I would have picked different lights, but I think they were trying to get the most bang for their buck! So, beware if Pinnacle comes a knocking at your door there are going to what to change all your lights!










No comments: