Saturday, August 23, 2008

Can she bake a Cherry pie charming Billy?

Okay, so I didn't bake cherry pie. And, my husbands name is not Billy. But, I found this adorable idea from a friend of mine.
Bake a pie in a jar. The idea that you can freeze the little jars and then have a sample of pie whenever the mood strikes.


They suggested to use 4 oz jars from Fred Meyer. Well, no Fred Meyer around here and I don't know the Roloffs well enough to have them ship me some. My options were Walmart and HEB. Yes, (Here Everythings Better) well everything except their stock of 4 oz canning jars! What is this world coming too. Don't they know some people still can! It settled for 8 oz jars that I filled to only 4 oz. It worked and I don't feel the need to write a letter.

Here are the results! It was delicious. But you don't have to take my word for it!
Here is the link with great pie in a jar ideas!

No comments: