Saturday, May 26, 2012

Poopin prize

This little boy was running around the yard today, in underwear, playing in the sprinklers. He kept doing the "I gotta poopie wiggle" but insisted he didn't need to go. Finally, I swooped in and took over. I put that wet fish on the potty, gave him a paci and told him to try to go. He "fell" off the potty whining, "just diaper change me". Nope, back on the potty. While I ran outside to unload the car, Mom said he came bolting out of the bathroom wiggling around and proclaiming "I poopied in the potty!" The celebration commenced. Hip hip hooray! Hip hip hooray filled the house as I came back inside. Wyatt was completely naked jumping up and down, spinning in circles and beaming with delight! I hugged him and kissed him and told him how proud I was of him!!! Of course we had to run into the bathroom and see the contents of the potty! Sure enough, he had done his business! Together, we excitedly yet carefully emptied the potty into the big toilet and Wyatt got to do the honors. He flushed that poopie away! I asked him, "do you know what you get because you poopied in the potty". He said, "YES, a diet coke!!!!!" Well, that's wasn't the answer I was expecting. I'd promised him everything lately. I told him he could have a combine harvester, a leap frog touch book thing, a match box car, a garden pail and shovel. Anything to get him to poopie in the potty. Then there was that one time when he picked up a diet coke and stated, "I'm big enough to have this now". I told him "No, Sir only people who poop in the potty can have diet coke". Can you believe that is what he remembered and wanted! Fail at motherhood. I didn't want to reward behavior with food items! Especially, junk foods! Oh well... He pooped in the potty and he got a watered down diet coke. He was so happy and proud. He did instruct me to "open it and put a straw in it". For the record he only took a few sips. :)

No comments: