Saturday, May 12, 2012

I'm an alligator

Wyatt had been pretending to be different animals lately. He is sometimes a frog, dog, kangaroo, mouse, snake or rabbit. His favorite is by far pretending to be an Alligator. Perhaps, we have watched too many episodes of Swamp People. But, whatever the reason I've been answering a lot of questions about alligators.

Mommy, do Alligators have fingers? Do they have nostrils? What do alligators eat? Do they have ears?

I explained that they didn't have ears that we could see.

Later at Dinner W was an Alligator. He was eating a hearty dinner of Chicken and floaton because that's what alligators eat. When I told him to finish eating his chicken he informed me he couldn't hear me because he didn't have ears. I assured him alligators still can hear. And to get off the sand bar (the carpet) and sit at the table and eat.

After he gave the rest of his chicken to the other hungry alligators in the swamp because he shares. We went to the swamp (bath tub) and got cleaned up. But, I was told after washing his ears...Mommy alligators don't have ears.

So, at bedtime after looking through google images of Alligators without ears I told W I would look up how Alligators hear and in the morning I would tell him all about it.

I kissed that little Alligator good night and he asked again. You look up how alligators hears for me?

And I did and now I all so much more about alligators. Thank you Wikipedia, national geographic kids And the San Diego Zoo website.

Now Mommy Alligator is going to bed before baby Alligator wakes up!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

That is a fantastic story. I have a feeling Wikipedia will be our friend in the future, too.