Sunday, September 4, 2011

Dustin Eldon is here!

Dustin Eldon
8 lbs 3.7 oz
20.4 inches long
Apgars 7,9


We left NJ when Irene was on her way. I was trying to be ad realistic as possible and concluded at the very least NJ would have power outages. I really didn't want to deliver in a hospital that was running off generators and with probably several staff members unable to get to work. So, off we drove to Ohio!

We left on Friday. With plans to return to NJ once power was restored. I packed what I thought I might need in case I was to have a baby. But, figured we'd make it back before the baby was born.

Sunday, I was having a few contractions that started about 9:00 am. I walked around the barn yard and pulled Wyatt in a wagon while I timed the contractions. They weren't painful but I was contracting about every 6-7 mins. So, we got ready to go to church. Once at church everyone wanted to know if I thought I'd have the baby today? I told them "who knows?" I wasn't about to fess up that my contractions were now 5 mins apart through Pastor Tims sermon. Still though, not painful at all!

We left there and got amazing cassanos pizza!! I ate as much as I thought I safely could! It was so good!!! But, by 2:00 I had to tell D I thought we should go to the hospital. We drove over to Wright Patt and I walked around the outside of the hospital until the contractions got strong enough to slow my walking and talking. I had D time the contractions and told him to let me know when they were every three minutes. Later, he admitted to fibbing the timing of the contraction which he said were every 3-4 min were really every 2-3 mins. Yes, that job has been revoked from him! So, we go in get hooked up to the monitors. Baby looks good :) After, about 20 mins they finally checked me. I should have made them check me early! 6cm, 90%, -1 station. They move me to the delivery room and start the admission paperwork. Guess what they didn't have time finish?!? Oh pretty much everything. They managed to call the residents, set up the table, start my IV and draw labs. Then, there was no turning back! My water broke, three contractions later the baby was crowing! Haha Everyone really started to move fast! So, all in all the baby was born in about 50 mins from the time I walked in the door! Whew, glad it was over, but really meant to give them more time.

Irene knocked out power for 3 days, no other real damage. We traveled back to NJ once Dustin was 6 days old.

Wyatt is a great big brother!

2 comments:

Chrissy said...

I love him! He is so SO adorable! It's great that you made it to OH safely, that you had a good delivery and are now back home! Whenever you are up for visits let me know!! I can't wait to meet Dustin. : )

Katie @ Domestic Debacle said...

Congrats!!