Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Homemaking?

Since we have moved I have not be able to get a routine established that allows me to feel like I am keeping up with the housework. Instead lately, I find myself doing laundry, cleaning and picking up the kitchen all day everyday. It has gotten tiring! I decided to do some research on how other stay at home mom organize their days. I came up with this so far...
Monday- Market (grocery store etc)
Tuesday- Tidy up
Wednesday- Wash (laundry and change sheets)
Thursday- Tidy up
Friday- Fun day (free to do whatever needs done or not)
Saturday- Spot clean
Sunday- Spot clean if needed
Please let me know how you organize your day!

3 comments:

JD said...

Welcome to having kids! You seem to have a good system however, that is what I do. I set aside certain days for certain chores, but sometimes even organizatin is no match for a good mess! On those days you just have to go to the couch, put your feet up on the table, play with your little one, and say "I don't care today!" Of course, those are always the days unexpected company drops by too ;D

Leigh Ann said...

haha Thanks for the advise Joan! My sister Erin also said that Market Monday may not have the freshest produce and suggested I shop on Tuesday.

McIntire Family said...

I try to do a load of laundry everyday and try to tidy up as much as I can! It can be very exhausting to keep up with the kids and the house and sometimes you just have to let it go. Here is a quote for you that I heard one time: Cleaning the house while having children is like shoveling snow while it's still snowing :)