Monday, April 6, 2009

No place to sew

I have been working on a few sewing projects and with much frustration because I felt like the house was a total disaster. In fact the only real disaster was in my dining room from my sewing projects, the rest of the house was cleaned up.


I was telling Mom about my dilemma and need for a place to sew like my sister just created for herself.

" I just don't have any extra space to make a sewing area like my sister"-me

"Well, she just took an area on her wall and made it work,"- Mom

"I don't have any wall space left." Looking around my house I spotting the chuck wagon table.


The Aw Ha moment! I knew I had to first figure out what to do with the junk inside. Although, a lot of dishes were piled up in there it didn't take long to find other places for them. Then, I got right to work and filled the chuck wagon table with all my sewing goodies.

It really makes a huge difference to have everything in one place.

And, now instead of storing all my sewing stuff in the to be baby rooms.

Baby Mac's has a closet all to himself.

2 comments:

Andie said...

good idea :-) i must admit, other than the kitchen, my sewing nook is my favorite spot in the house... plenty of room to spread out and i don't have to pack up each time i'm done. i can keep something out mid project and it's not displayed on my dining table!

The Updikes said...

This is such a great idea! I'm aching for my own area to sew. Wish I had more space. Or a neat hideway table like yours. Where did you find it?