Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Squadron officer school

We arrived in Montgomery a week ago. Since then, I've converted this tiny studio apartment into a livable space for our family.
The kitchen is miniature but it is stocked with the basics. A refrigerator, microwave, sink, oven with stove burners, and ample storage for our five weeks stay. We even were supplied with a toaster, coffee maker, a few pots and pans, silverware, dish-ware, and kitchen utensils. What I needed extra the "loan locker" let me barrow.
Such as:
Pizza cutter, high chair, baking sheets, muffin tins, pie plate, extra silverware, large drinking glasses, cheese grater, can opener, and an extra laundry basket.
A few tips for soon to be SOSers.
After polling my girlfriends, I found it useful to bring with me some of my most favorite kitchen gadgets. A cock pot, cutting board, my favorite knifes, extra dish cloths and towels, extra wash cloths, DVDs, books, our own queen size sheets and pillows, a memory foam mattress topper, blender, our pack and play, extra quilt and blankets, night lights, flashlight, laptop, printer, cleaning supplies, and vacuum, curtains, tacts, tape, hole punch, and a mini broom and dust pan.
Now it feels like home sweet home... Alabama.

1 comment:

Jess said...

Seriously you are on top of things. I wish Id had you around when we went to SOS.