Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Christmas at Club XL

Merry Christmas
This year I got to organize and plan the decorations for the OSC Club. After several hours and one hug trip to San Antonio. This is the end result of a slightly rustic/old world Christmas theme.
This tree was decorated with popcorn and cranberry garland. We had dried orange slices and applesauce cinnamon ornaments. The smell was so Christmasy! I even put this tree in my tub that usually holds my garden hoes!
The bar had to be decorated as well. I wasn't too into decorating the bar. I figured most people would be drunk in here and not even care what the decorations looked like. This tree had a Texas/western theme. Really, I just used the same tree they'd used the year before.
The women's bathroom took on a more elegant look. Landy graciously allowed us to use her white feather wreath and I wrapped several "presents" for a little decoration. Confession: most are cereal and diaper boxes. But, they looked good.



The ladies bathroom tree. I spray painted ting ting (or branches off my tree) for a little frosty color.

An amazing master florist, Kelly, made two wreath for the entrance to the ballroom. The picture doesn't do the wreath enough justice. She got several request to make more wreaths and at least two people has request to buy these wreaths when the Christmas season is over. I think we will just save them for next year.

I copied the basic design that Kelly used and made four wreaths for the hall. Yes, I am a copy cat! Kelly also came up with the idea to add the sparkle red material to each table. Excellent touch!
The two identical foyer trees! I was really happy about the outcome here and once again Kelly jumped into add the finishing touch. She and Janette knew they need something extra so they made the bow. It is exactly what the tree needed to be complete.
Two of these light poles greet guests as they enter the Dinning room and the Ballroom.
We were able to decorate four of the main pillars. We wrapped them with garland, lights ribbon and raffia.
The Dinning room and the Ballroom also had matching trees.
Our last project was to decorate the stage where Santa would be taking pictures with the kids. Hubby painted the sleigh for two days to get it just right. We hung snowflakes from the ceiling and hung a boarder to bring a little snowy weather to Laughlin. It was a lot of work but I had a great time.

2 comments:

Andie said...

looks fantastic!!!

Turner's from Texas said...

Wow! You are such a good decorator! I love the big christmas tree in the foyer. Merry Christmas!