Thursday, December 29, 2011

What a day...

We started off by saying, "We are not going to the Please Touch Museum". Day two of the visit the six year old had us planning a trip to the Please Touch Museum. Why are we such suckers?

We planned out the day, get up early, get ready, pack car, let kids eat breakfast on the way there. Stay till lunch time then head home. Maybe stopping at Chick-filet in Cherry Hill for lunch.

Reality: left the house at 10:30. (not bad for us) Well, let me start over. We walked out of the house at 10:30. I put my two in the car. Erin got one kid in her car while the other ran over to the largest water puddle you've even seen and proceeded to jump as fast and as high as he could...

So after assessing the situation, it was determined that Luke had to have another pair of shoes. I offered to let Luke where Ws rain boots but Erin said she was not taking her kid to the PTM looking like a dork! Haha

We load back up and off we go to Olly kids shoes in Mt Laurel. Three pairs of shoes, a winter coat and a full hour later we are back in the cars. We begin driving down 38 only to realize Dustin is no longer happy! He wants to eat and he wants to eat right now. Right now Mommy. I am going to die if you don't feed me... Hungry! We stop at Chick-filet in Cherry Hill. Erin goes through the drive through and gets chicken nuggets for the kids, who are now hungry, and I requested a large jumbo IV bag of diet coke. As she is in the drive though, I am climbing into the back seat to feed Dustin. He is screaming with big ol'tears running down his face. It would have broken your heart! While I am nursing him, Wyatt is out of his seat and climbing around the Durango. I am suspicious of his behavior and am confirmed when he announces proudly. "Mommy I poopy". Awesome! I am holding sweet Dustin who for some reason is starting to squirm and act uncomfortable. I sit him up to burp. I hear rip, squirt, bubble, Bubble, toot, toot and smell it. Yep, major poop storm out of Dustin! It's everywhere! Wardrobe change, diaper change and I had to do a partial bath with baby wipes because I got poop on his face and neck when trying to change his clothes! Oh that poor baby!! Erin opens the door to pass me the diet coke! Thank you!!! Then we heard a loud THUNK! A tree branch fell on the Durango! I'm not kidding. A six foot long pine tree branch crashed onto the Durango then tumbled down, and landed in-between the Durango and Erin's car. Wyatt screamed a tree fell on us! Erin and I both screamed then laughed hysterically! As Paul said, "Erin, you could have been killed or worse".

We made it to the PTM by about 1:30. We pulled up and there were more cars at PTM than I'd ever seen! I knew it would be crowed but it was packed!! Out of frustration I said, "I just want to hit my head on a wall!" Then I heard the sweet concerned voice in the back seat say, "no Mommy, don't hit your head, be careful". Oh Wyatt!! I love you! Mommy won't hit her head, I'll be careful.

The museum was packed but fun! We played and played but, before we could leave we had to do the Merry go Round. W had never been on the Merry go round at PTM and I knew he would love it. So, we all got on together. I didn't think I would be able to go because I had Dustin, but at the last minute I realized I could hold Dustin and Wyatt together on a horse and ride. Perfect! Too bad I had to pee! Oh well, it would have to wait. We get on and I strapped the boys together and we start to spin. "Yippee", I told them! "Hold on". It was got a little hot. I didn't feel good. I hoped the Merry go Round wouldn't go any faster! I was starting to feel the feeling I feel when I know I'm going to pass out. It wasn't good. I told Erin to switch me places. I went and stood by Luke. I started at the floor boards. I started to feel better. I hugged sweet Luke. Erin held onto my kids. The Merry go Round began to slow down. Whew. I made it. I didn't pass out. I realized I was hungry, I had to pee, I was hot. We sat down ate lunch, I went to the bathroom and took off my sweater. I guess I need to be more careful. I was so disappointed in myself for letting my sugar get too low and my blood pressure too high! All I had eaten where three doughnut holes, a large coffee and a few sips of my diet coke and it was 3:30!!! No wonder I thought I was going to pass out! Oh and I'd fed Dustin twice!

Eating was amazing. Best food I'd ever had. I was obviously starved! Luke was getting board, tired and antsy. He was out of his seat and dancing in any space he could find. At one point I looked over to see him running on the heat registers! He stopped momentarily to sit down, but not at our table. He found a nice Indian family dress in traditional attire and sat down right next to the grandma!! There is the sweet little granny sitting down with her family and Luke beside her slapping the tables and shaking his head! I physically removed him from that situation.

Time to head home. 5:30 driving through Philly traffic. Need I say more?

We get home. I'm so thankful to be home. I start dinner. The Sir is home he is playing with the boys. Erin stopped at Starbucks so she is a few minutes later getting home. When she does get home, Beth comes running in the door yelling, "Mommy popped the tire". Erin came in and said she thought she had been shot at! Then she realized the car tire popped! We don't know or understand exactly when it happened.

But, what we do know Is that before we left that morning during our breakfast prayers we prayed for safety. Id say prayers fully answered. We are were safe.

1 comment:

Cris said...

I would say that was quiet a day! Thankful for answered prayers and all were safe!;) and thankful for sweet kiddos who make life so much fun!